August 16, 2009

RAINED OUT PARADE







I've been in and out, town and city, night and day. On and repeatedly off of the wagon, cart, bicycle and bus.
Productivity is a tricky thing.

A SONG IN PROGRESS
throw me into ink black skies
throw me into untamed nights
send me out with painted face
send me out stripped of name

shave our flesh and call it art

break our bones: the martyr's part

your image cast in stone and clay

your image broken by slow decay
we lift our hearts now full of faith
they sink as stones with so much weight

3 comments:

BrendanGeorge said...

very nice song.

promise to sing it to me next time you sleep over,
do it before you sneak off before I wake so I have something to remember you by.

winnie t. said...

i also want to be discreetly serenaded.
hook it up

Michelle Kuran said...

Definitely
you-had-me-at-the-table-of-contents
material!

Flesh art and martyr's part: 'Lips of Thomas'